WHAT WE COLLECT
1. We may collect the following information: Name: Contact information including email address, postcode and telephone number: Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers or competitions: recipient names, addresses and related occasions where you have either sent a bouquet to such recipient or saved such details in your account: IP address: information connected with reviews you leave on our website: your marketing communication preferences: details of the device with which you transacted with us: your purchase history with us: your browsing history on our website or app.
3. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you in order to improve the service and marketing that you receive from. FlowersbyPost.Com
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
1. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service particularly for the following reasons:
2. Where the information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us for us to provide our services
3. For customer service and resolution purposes
4. Internal record keeping.
5. We may use the information to improve our products and services.
6. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and we may personalise such content based on what we believe may be of interest to you.
7. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
8. We may use the information to customise the website or app according to your interests.
10. We may use the information for the purposes of fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety on our website and app.We have a legitimate interest in obtaining and using the information as set out above in being able to provide and improve the service and marketing that you receive from FlowersbyPost.Com. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications or changing your notification settings within your Account.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
In order to provide our services, we may need to provide your information to our trusted third party partners, for example:
1. Our supply and fulfilment partners in order to ensure we can process and complete your order.
2. Our payment processing provider debit/credit card to ensure we can process the payment for your order securely.
3. Our marketing partners in order to offer you services and products that may be of interest to you.
4. Our technology partners to ensure we can provide a safe and secure site and improve the performance and relevance of our site to you.
5. Our professional services partners in order to comply with our legal obligations.
1. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
1. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
2. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website and app in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
3. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website and app, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and app. The ICO provide an extensive explanation of the ways that you can block cookies, please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/ for more information on how to block cookies.
Please note that if you wish to share a product on a third-party website (such as Facebook, Twitter etc) you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an email to email@example.com Please note that we will ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
2. Managing Your Information. You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings.
3. Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information. You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Account).
4. Data Access. You have the right to request copies of your personal information held by us.
5. Data Retention and Erasure. We generally retain your personal information for a period of six years after your last active use of our website (in line with our legal obligation to keep order information for this duration for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations). If you no longer want us to keep your information, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your flowersbypost.com account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
a. We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a flowersbypost.com account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that account to prevent that user from opening a new flowersbypost.com account in the future.
b. We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
c. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g. log records) may remain in our database but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
6. Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing. Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you. Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by flowersbypost.com you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending a communication to flowersbypost.com specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, you have the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to the below paragraph 7 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of flowersbypost.com override your own.
7. Objection to Processing and Profiling. You are entitled to require flowersbypost.com not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing flowersbypost.com will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
8. Data Security. The security of our/your data is very important to us. With this in mind we will take all appropriate steps to protect your data and will treat it with the utmost care and attention. We use ‘https’ technology to secure access to all areas of our websites and apps. Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information is held securely by our 3rd party payment providers and tokenized to ensure it is protected. We ensure that our systems are regularly monitored for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
9. Lodging Complaints. You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by flowersbypost.com before the Information Commissioner's Office. In the UK, please read: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/ for details of how to do this. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
10. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the marketing email you receive.
11. We will NOT sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.